11 Best Fishing Rods Under $100 You Should Consider For Your Budget Buy
Fishing is one activity that a lot of people enjoy globally. It is indeed one of the best getaways from our monotonous lives. Don’t we all enjoy fishing at a place, which has absolutely zero sign of stress and work that you have to cater to in your routine life? Well, we are certain you do. But who says fishing has to be an expensive hobby? Well, now you can enjoy fishing without burning a hole in your pocket. Here, through this article, we will help you find some of the best fishing rods under 100 USD. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will be in a position to decide which rod can cater to your needs.
Quickly Navigate Through The Best Rods Under 100
- Best Fishing Rods Under 100 USD
- Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod
- Abu Garcia Ike Dude Spinning/Spincast Fishing Reel & Rod Combo
- Plusinno Telescopic Fishing Rod
- Kastking Spin Resolute Fishing Rod (7’6”, Medium Heavy – Fast, 2 Piece) – Best For Casting Distance
- Shimano Solara 6’6 MH Spinning Freshwater Spinning Rod
- Fenwick Eagle
- Abu Garcia Vengeance Spinning Rod (7’, Medium)
- Sougayilang Portable Pocket Fishing Rod
- Okuma Celilo Graphite Lightweight Ultralight Trout Rods
- Shakespeare Micro Series
- Cadence CR7
- Buying Guide For The Best $100 Fishing Rod
- Bottom Line
Best Fishing Rods Under 100 USD
|Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod|
|$49.95 – $88.89||Buy Now|
|Abu Garcia Ike Dude Spinning/Spincast Fishing Reel & Rod Combo|
|Plusinno Telescopic Fishing Rod|
|$45.99 – $69.99||Buy Now|
|KastKing Spin Resolute Fishing Rod (7’6”, Medium Heavy – Fast, 2 Piece) – Best for Casting Distance|
|Shimano Solara 6’6 MH Spinning Freshwater Spinning Rod|
|$51.53 – $69.95||Buy Now|
|Abu Garcia Vengeance Spinning Rod (7’, Medium)|
|Sougayilang Portable Pocket Fishing Rod|
|Okuma Celilo Graphite Lightweight Ultralight Trout Rods|
|Shakespeare Micro Series|
|$26.48 to $29.36||Buy Now|
1. Ugly Stik Elite Spinning Rod
Designed by Shakespeare, the Ugly Stik has been around for quite a while now. The reason for the mass popularity of this best rod under 100 USD is that they are known for providing the customers with budget-friendly fishing rods at a reasonable price.
These best spinning rods under 100 USD are a true amalgam of sensitive finish and lightweight. Thus, they assure you durability and comfort that you may quite expect from your best fishing pole under 100 USD. This is one of the best fishing rods under 100 USD that can withstand the force required for fishing. It combines the protection and strength so needed, which makes it one of the best spinning rods under 100 USD.
Hence, this rod not just fits in your budget but is extremely tough as nails too. The design of this best fishing pole under 100 USD claims to use more graphite than the other rods under 100 USD. Consequently, the rod happens to be a lot lighter than most of the rods.
Another big bonus of this rod is that the graphite adds to the tip strength. On the whole, the Ugly Stick is indeed confident in their rods, so much so that they offer you a seven-year warranty. Believe us when we say this, the seven-year warranty is the longest you will find in the business.
|$49.95 – $88.89|
- Clear tip design assures extra strength right where is needed.
- Ugly tech construction with added graphite assures lighter weight and improved sensitivity
- Ugly tuff one piece stainless steel guides assures due durability.
2. Abu Garcia Ike Dude Spinning/Spincast Fishing Reel & Rod Combo
This Abu Garcia Ike Dude fishing pole is one of the best spinning rods under 100 USD. It is inspired by this bass fishing legend Mike Iaconelli to design the best value pole.
Abu Gracia, the brand, which backs the rod, is a staple in the fishing industry. Thus, shopping for this best rod under 100 USD would mean that you will never have to settle for a cheap knock off. This is one of the best fishing rods under 100 USD, and it comes with a trigger grip, stainless steel guides, and a split grip.
Though the steel guide of this best rod under 100 USD tends to lose some sensitivity, the rod makes up for it with the split grips. Split grips will ensure that you can rest your hand on the graphite itself, making it capable of feeling even the slightest bite.
One of the notable things about this best rod under 100 is that it comes with the reel. Fishers do have the option to get a spin cast fishing reel with the rod or a spin cast reel. The spin cast option is excellent for new kids or amateur anglers.
- Lightweight graphite rotor and body
- Aluminium spool
- Two ball bearings
- High density EVA
3. Plusinno Telescopic Fishing Rod
PLUSINNO has earned a solid reputation amongst the fishers. It is known to release some of the best fishing rods under 100 USD and other fishing accessories. We totally love the PLUSINNO telescopic fishing rod, which is the best $100 fishing rod. We regard this as one of the best spinning rods under 100 USD primarily because this rod does enough justice to the reputation of the manufacturer and the brand itself. At a glance, the fisher rod sports golden-black contrast and a unique ammo outlook, which proves how many fishing enthusiasts need this best fishing pole under 100 USD is their arsenal.
From children to seasonal fishing enthusiasts and even the pro anglers, this best fishing pole under 100 USD is a great pick. It is called the best $100 fishing rod owing to its portable design and compact size. So, you can take along this best fishing pole under 100 USD and live your passion for fishing anytime and anywhere. The rod is indeed a must-have for anglers seeking to buy a rod at a reasonable price.
Though there is no question about the quality of this best fishing pole under 100 USD, its reel does feel a bit flimsy, like something that may snap into two at any point in time. Moreover, this best fishing pole under 100 USD is ideal only for smaller fishes. So, if you aim to chase the bigger fishes like salmon, this may not be quite the pick for you.
|$45.99 – $69.99|
- Aluminum oxide is used to make guide inserts
- EVA grip adds to comfortable handling
- Portable design is portable and can be carried anywhere
- Comes as a set of fishing rod and reel
- Has a high density, perfect elasticity carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass build, which makes your fishing pole durable and hard.
- Its closed length design is convenient for you to carry this around
- Medium power
- Power drive gear equipped for high strength
- Line capacity: mm/M 0.20/240 0.25/200 0.30/140. Model:HA3000; Gear ratio: 5.2:1.
4. KastKing Spin Resolute Fishing Rod
When KastKing released its Resolute series, anglers worldwide were excited to see them featuring American Tackle MicroWave Air Guides. These modern and innovative line guides are usually found on the expensive rods, but when you get them in the KastKing model, how can we not include them in our best fishing rods under 100 USD list? KastKIng takes immense pride in making new and innovative technology so affordable.
The line guide aims mainly to control loose line coming off the reel so that there is less lateral movement during the cast. It means that there is a good increase in casting distance and line control.
This best rod under 100 USD is made from Toray IM7 carbon fiber blanks. With this best rod under 100 USD, the users can be assured of getting their hands on a sensitive, lightweight, and powerful tool that will make your fishing experience thrilling. Their best fishing rods under 100 USD incorporate two-piece Brave Reel Seats, which can fit-in a plethora of reels to cover several different fishing conditions.
We are quite certain that you cannot go wrong with this best rod under 100 USD. It is affordable and innovative and should be in your collection. The rod has been one of the top-rated freshwater rods and should be on the wishlist of every serious angler.
- Ultra-sensitive and powerful IM7 KastFlex carbon rod blanks
- KastKing’s Power Transition System makes it feel like a single piece rod
- Designed for all freshwater species and also fishing pole models for most inshore saltwater fishing rod needs.
- Its patented new MicroWave Air Guide Systems and fishing line guides improve casting distance and accuracy.
- The stainless-steel frames and Duralight top guide perform great with all fluorocarbon, monofilament and braided lines.
5. Shimano Solara 6’6 MH Spinning Freshwater Spinning Rod
The Shimano Solora is a two piece rod. It is one of the best spinning rods under 100 USD for an angler who seeks a basic rod just to get out there and engage in the habit of fishing. It comes with absolutely no bells and whistles, and at such a price point, you do get a decent rod that will serve you with a variety of applications.
This best fishing pole under 100 USD is engineered from the aero glass. Thus, it lets you deliver some serious power, and its solid graphite reel seat does ensure that you feel complete reel security. The reel guides are made from reinforced aluminium while the cork handles will ensure that you feel comfortable on your day-out in the water.
To be honest with you, there have been some complaints regarding this one of the best spinning rods under 100 from the customers, especially with regards to its tips breaking. Thus, this rod may not last you a long time if not used well. However, at this price tag, this does seem like a sweet deal.
- The rod is reinforced with durable aero glass blank construction, which offers incredible sensitivity.
- It features aluminium, oxide guides for smooth line flow on every cast and retrieve.
- The rod is equipped with a solid locking graphite reel seat, and a comfortable cork fore and rear grip handles.
- Length: 6’6″ / Power: Medium Heavy / Action: Fast / Mono Line(lb. test): 8-17 / Power Pro Line(lb. test): 10-30 /
- Lure Rating (oz.): 1/4-3/4 / Foregrip Length (in): 3 / Rear grip Length (in): 8 / Guide Type: Aluminum Oxide / Blank Material: Aero glass / Pieces: 2 / Grip Material: Cork / Number of Guides: Tip+5
- Medium Heavy Power Fast Action
6. Fenwick Eagle
Number six in our list of the best spinning rods under 100 USD is the Fenwick Eagle. It is a graphite rod, which has been dedicated to offering you the best sensitivity. Though it does that really well, you do not have to worry about the rod being fragile and breaking easily. It provides you with the strength that you possibly need for the desired purpose at hand.
We feel that using this best $100 fishing rod on heavier lures may not be as durable as it should have been, but if you use it properly, it can be a very durable, sturdy, and strong rod. Moreover, you will be able to use the cork handle of this best fishing pole under 100 USD quite comfortably. The handle is undoubtedly durable and chip-resistant. Moreover, the guides of this best $ 100 fishing rod are lightweight and strong, and corrosion-resistant. So, be assured this is one of the best fishing rods under 100, and having this one with you, will always mean that you will have a great day at fishing with absolutely no pressure on your hands and not much warning for your lures underwater. However, some customers do recommend replacing the guide with better ones as they did not find it good enough for several reasons.
This brand has been in the running for over half a century. Therefore, each of their rods has been engineered with field tests, expert advice, and following years of experience. On the whole, by having this best $100 spinning rod, you will always feel that your needs are well catered to.
|$51.53 – $69.95|
- Comes with a five year limited warranty
- Classic Fenwick actions
- Time tested and proven from the original graphite rod company
- Ergonomic minimal reel seat
- Premium TAC and cork grips
- Stainless steel guides with aluminium oxide inserts
7. Abu Garcia Vengeance Spinning Rod (7’, Medium)
Next in our list of the best fishing rods under 100 USD is the Abu Garcia Vengeance Spinning Rod. Its cosmetics stand out first and foremost. The rod comes with a sleek silver and black design, which makes sure that the rod’s visual appeal is quite at par with its performance value.
This rod is a work of true professionals. It is graphite constructed best $100 fishing rod, which comes with EVA grip rods that are designed to offer you the best performance each other.
Only a few casts later, any angler would know that they have acquired a keeper and look forward to checking out more products from the company.
- 24 ton graphite construction that allows a more balanced design
- Pretty lightweight
- Stainless steel guides with titanium oxide inserts
- High density EVA handles, which are more comfortable and durable
8. Sougayilang Portable Pocket Fishing Rod
Sougayilang Graphite Carbon Fiber Portable Spinning Telescopic Fishing Rod is a remarkable example of ultimate portability, great design, and durable yet lightweight construction. It is a perfect pick for anyone who needs a good quality and the best $100 spinning rod. You can use this rod in a myriad of different fishing types and settings. It is, for this reason, it has found an excellent place in our best fishing rods under 100 USD list.
One of the most likable things about this best rod under 100 USD is that it is portable and effortless to use. It has a lightweight finish that is renowned for its durability and strength. The only problem we find with this best $100 fishing rod is that people are used to using the more expensive rods. For them, this one may seem to be a bit on the cheaper side. This rod does seem quite delicate, and thus, should be handled more gently and carefully.
Please bear in mind if you are spending less than 100 USD on a fishing rod, you can indeed go for this one without a second thought. It does have a few flaws, but it is not a deal-breaker. This is undoubtedly one of the best fishing rods under 100 for its portability and ease of usage.
- Portable and very easy to carry around from one place to another
- Made of High Density 24 Ton Carbon Fiber and E-Glass Composite for Great Power and Sensitivity.
- It is lightweight and perfectly balanced
- Made with corrosion resistant CNC machined aluminum for years of worry free fishing.
- Three point welded stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts for use with braided or mono fishing line and providing saltwater approved corrosion resistant and power control.
- Will fit in your car trunk, boat hatch or backpack.
- Various sizes and lengths available for freshwater bass trout fishing, saltwater surf fishing or inshore fishing.
9. Okuma Celilo Graphite Lightweight Ultralight Trout Rods
Okuma has tailored their best $100 spinning rod only to meet one primary purpose i.e provide a great fishing experience. This is one of the best spinning rods under 100 USD, which has a complete graphite core. It allows the rod to be incredibly sensitive. Do you know why we need sensitive rods? Well, the sensitive rods are perfect for lake fishing when you are chasing smaller fishes. It is the ideal pick if you have a lake close by or if you love fishing for smaller fishes. So, having this rod can make your fishing day out more wholesome. We can vouch for one thing: this is the best fishing pole under 100 USD for trout fishing.
However, bear in mind though this is the best rod under 100 USD, it is perfect only for lakes with small species and no currents. If you wish to chase medium-sized species or bigger fishes, we would recommend that you opt for other best fishing rods under 100 USD because this one does tend to break down under pressure.
On the whole, all you have to do is find a perfect lightweight reel to go with it. The stainless steel hoods in the reel seat also make it efficient and durable. Furthermore, you would not want to leave the water anytime soon as the cork handles will keep you perfectly comfortable during the escape.
- Engineered with top-grade materials
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage
- Made in China
- Sensitive graphite blank construction
- Has aluminium oxide guide inserts
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats
- Quality grade fore and rear cork grips
10. Shakespeare Micro Series
Shakespeare is incredibly popular for always producing the budget-friendly, entry-level best spinning rods under 100 USD. Its Micro series not just fit right into the category, but it indeed takes things to another level. Today, it is not only the beginners who seek the pocket-friendly rods. These are equally popular amongst the pro anglers who travel or paddle when fishing.
Though several people have a habit of looking down on the stainless-steel guides, others do like and appreciate the return to basics approach when their new rod slips overboard or between a closing tailgate. However, please bear in mind, the lack of flare, in no way, equals a lack of quality. The graphite blank provides the requisite sensitivity that is probably needed from an ultra-light set up.
More so, the traditional cork handles are not only attractive but also very comfortable. Though this rod does not cost you a million bucks, it looks and performs as if it does. Thus, the Micro Series by Shakespeare is a deserving entrant in our best spinning rods under 100 USD list.
|$26.48 – $29.36|
- Line weight two to ten pounds
- Length varies from 4’6″ to 7’6″
Perfect rod for anglers of all experiences and ages
- Made with durable and reliable material
- Tested to be of top quality
- Very easy to use
- Full cork handles
- Graphite composite rods with perfect light and ultralight actions
- Conventional reel seat with cushioned hoods
- Stainless steel guides with stainless steel inserts
11. Cadence CR7
One of the lightest and indeed the best spinning rods under 100 USD is this CR7. Owing to its groundbreaking combination of modern construction materials and technological advances. Every blank of this best $100 spinning rod is engineered using the forty-ton carbon with an enveloped veil that boosts its rigidity and strength. Stainless-steel guides completed with SIC inserts better the casting ability while simultaneously withstanding corrosion even in saltwater. Lastly, the FUJI seat and premium EVA handle or cork offer a comfortable and firm grip, irrespective of the conditions. In the end, we would like to mention that this featureful rod is indeed a steal when it comes to the best spinning rods under 100 USD.
- Engineered with high-grade materials
- Length varies from 5’10 to 7’06”
- Medium-fast to extra-fast action
- Medium light to medium heavy power
- Line weight four to twenty pounds
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage
- Sensitive Graphite blank construction
- Aluminium oxide guide inserts
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats
- Supreme quality hooded reel seats
- Quality grade fore and rear cork grips
Buying Guide For The Best Budget Fishing Rod
We tried to do hard-core research and found out some of the best spinning rods under 100 USD. However, if none of them seem to fit your needs, you can sure shop for any other best spinning rods under 100 USD of your choice. However, before you make a selection, it is vital to spend some time understanding the factors that help you pick a good rod. Here, we present a buying guide that can help you narrow down your focus and select the best $100 spinning rod. Let us get started and take a look at it before you go ahead and make your purchase.
In most of the best spinning rods under 100 USD, the material used is fiberglass, graphite, or fiber for the main rod. However, at times, a combination of all three may also be used. All of these materials assure strength and durability. Moreover, they are all corrosion-resistant, something that is pivotal in all the best spinning rods under 100 USD. It also means that the rods are ideal for saltwater. Thus, the range and versatility of the rod are made better.
Telescoping, one piece, or two pieces – which one is the best?
See, as a general rule of thumb, bear in mind that the telescopic or the two-piece is the best fishing rods under 100 USD. It is because they are easier to carry. Hence, they are sure a better choice for people who like to enjoy fishing on the go.
It is the normal breaking strength. It does not mean the weight of the fish that you can safely reel in. You also need to factor in the water current, fish’s power, and a bunch of other environmental factors. Usually, a line rating of around six to twelve pounds is perfect if you are chasing larger fishes. On the other hand, the rating of two to six pounds works best when you are chasing smaller fishes.
Size is a crucial factor when selecting the best $100 spinning rod. We would recommend you go out and try out a range of rods, which will help you find the one you may be most comfortable with.
The lure weight will have a direct impact on the presentation and the castability of the line. It would be best if you tried to keep the lure weight low for spinning rods unless you are opting for a heavy action rod. Heavy action rods will primarily need a heavier lure.
Always keep the lure weight within the rod label parameters. Usually, we recommend the lure weight between the range of ¼ to ⅜ ounce is recommended for the larger fish. On the other hand, you can opt for a lure weight of ⅛ ounce if you are targeting smaller fish.
The degree of bend in the rod is said to be the rod action. If you have a slow action rod, it will bend in the lower third. On the other hand, the fast action rod will bend in the upper third.
We are certain that our listing of the best spinning rods under 100 USD will help you pick the right rod for yourself on a budget. We have tried to put forward a clear review of each item citing their features, pros & cons. We hope we made it easier for you to make a selection from the best spinning rods under 100 USD. Happy fishing.